This is the web page for Fenwick Commons. Below you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information.
Please check back often. In the mean time, please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact CMG Charleston and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook. There’s a link at the top of the page. Click here for information on handyman services!
If you would like a copy of your meeting minutes click the link below:
Parking on the grass damages the sprinkler heads as well as the landscape and these repairs are very costly to the Association; therefore, grass parking is strictly prohibited.
Check out the many online payment options for your regular Assessments.
Pool keys – New home buyers are sent one key/access device by the Fenwick Commons Homeowners Association. Resale pool keys and cards must convey at Closing. If any card is lost or stolen, a replacement is available for $50.00 payable to Fenwick Commons. Please follow this link to order a replacement amenity key. Please note that only 1 key is permitted to be activated per household.
The Maintenance Work Order form is to be completed by the homeowner. You can type directly onto this form from your electronic device (i.e. computer, tablet, phone, etc.), then the completed form must be saved to your electronic device first and attached as a PDF to an email, along with supporting photos to Fenwickcommons@nullcmgcharleston.com. Alternatively, you can print the form and complete it by hand and then mail in the form along with the supporting photos to CMG office (address provided on the Work Order request form).
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Fenwick-community update January 28th, 2019: Dear Homeowners, The board would like to inform everyone there has unfortunately been some recent theft in the neighborhood. Please make sure you are taking the necessary precautions by locking your doors and windows of your home , and making sure your cars are also locked at night or when gone for an extended period of ... Read more about this.
- A message from your Fenwick Commons Homeowners Association October 11th, 2018: Hello Homeowners, The Association would like to take a moment to remind all residents the display of yard signs are prohibited in the community per Article IX Section 7 of the Association’s covenants. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping your yard in compliance with the governing documents of the Association! Read more about this.
- Updates from the City of Charleston – Hurricane Florence: Contract Trash Collection September 12th, 2018: Updates from the City of Charleston View this email in your browser Neighborhood News Special Bulletin Hurricane Florence: Contract Trash Collection Please be advised that trash collection by third party contractors (such as Carolina Waste, Republic, etc.) in outer West Ashley (located outside 526) and Johns Island will not occur this week, due to Hurricane Florence. Please secure carts/bins and any yard ... Read more about this.
- Phone numbers to know if a hurricane strikes September 10th, 2018: Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy if a hurricane drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for real emergencies. County Resources: Berkeley County Citizen’s Information ... Read more about this.
- Fenwick Commons – Community Update Week of July 9, 2018 July 09th, 2018: FENWICK COMMONS HOMEOWNERS: Good Afternoon, Please take a minute to review a few community updates for this week. GARBAGE PICK UP As you are all aware, the garbage was not collected last week as expected. A call to the County has been made reporting the issue and a report and request has been made to the service provider, ... Read more about this.
- Fenwick Commons – Work Order Request Procedure Update June 18th, 2018: Dear Fenwick Commons Homeowners: In an effort to have clear communications, and better documentation on any and all HOA maintenance requests, your Board has approved a Maintenance Work Order request form. This form can be found on your Fenwick Commons Community Page. Below is a link directly to the document for your convenience. All requests must ... Read more about this.
- Fenwick Plantation – Upcoming Tree Work June 08th, 2018: Please be notified that two trees in the neighborhood are scheduled to be removed next Tuesday, June 12th, 2018. These are large trees and may take a few days to complete the removal. This includes one tree that is near the pool and the removal process will affect your ability to enter/exit the ... Read more about this.
- Fenwick Commons – City Parking Changes Notification June 07th, 2018: Please be informed that there has been a recent change by the city for parking in the neighborhood and wanted to inform everyone before the city tickets cars parked in this area. Please see the map below regarding the change along the curve of Fenwick Plantation. Signs are posted by the city along this area. The ... Read more about this.
- Pressure Washing June 25th June 05th, 2018: CMG wants to inform everyone that the week of June 25th , the community will receive the yearly pressure washing for the units and pool area. Under Pressure will be doing the work once again this year. As they get closer to the date of the project they will have a schedule that will be sent ... Read more about this.
- Fenwick Commons – Community Information and Updates May 14th, 2018: Yard/Tree/Bush Debris and Bulk Waste Disposal City of Charleston and Carolina Waste Services collect yard debris and bulk waste in our community.Yard debris includes leaves, grass, yard clippings, small limbs/branches/stumps, large pieces of metal and nonperishable refuse. • Leaves/yard waste must be in brown paper bags and small limbs (no larger than 4 inches in diameter and ... Read more about this.
- Fenwick Commons – May Gator Update May 09th, 2018: How to Be Safe Around Alligators With the warmer temperatures, the community has seen an increase in alligator activity. The Association is aware that there are gators in your community’s ponds. We have had the Wildlife Company out and ALL gators have been tested and have passed, meaning they were not found to be aggressive ... Read more about this.
- Fenwick Commons – Urgent Notice May 2, 2018 May 02nd, 2018: Fenwick Commons Homeowners, Please be notified: Homeowners along the marsh side of St Paul’s Parrish may notice people in their backyard today and tomorrow as well as next Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. They are pre-qualified contractors that will be bidding on the sewer work that will likely begin by June, possibly before. They are ... Read more about this.
- Alligator Update – Fenwick Commons April 10th, 2018: Alligator Update The Association is aware that there are gators in your ponds. ALL gators have been tested and have passed, meaning they were not found to be aggressive at this time as they show no signs of aggression. It’s important for residents not to feed alligators and other wildlife within the community so they do ... Read more about this.
- Fenwick Commons – April Board of Directors Meeting April 06th, 2018: Dear Homeowners,. The HOA Board would like to let everyone know that there will be Executive Group Board Meeting at Johns Island Library, 3531 Maybank Hwy, Johns Island, SC, a on Thursday, April 26th t 6:30pm Although this is an Executive Group meeting, it is open to all members. If any member has any questions, the Board ... Read more about this.
- Fenwick Commons-Dealing with Solicitors March 01st, 2018: Dear Fenwick Commons Homeowners, The Board has made us aware of a soliciting issue currently going on with someone selling AT&T services. There is a “No Soliciting” sign in the front of the Community and so as a homeowner you have the right to call the non-emergency police line at 843-743-7200 to report this. Below was ... Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.