This is the web page for the Lakes of Summerville. Below you’ll find news and manager updates and important property owner information. Underneath the blue links below are the Inspection policies for the community, both the Townhomes and the Single Family homes.
Please check back often. In the mean time, please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact CMG Charleston and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook. There’s a link at the top of the page.
Pool keys – New home buyers are sent one key/access device by the Lakes of Summerville HOA. Resale pool keys and cards must convey at Closing. If any card is lost or stolen, a replacement is available for $50.00 payable to the Lakes of Summerville. Please follow this link to order a replacement amenity key.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Summertime Creepy Critters July 18th, 2017: courtesy of News 2 : http://counton2.com/2017/07/10/summertime-creepy-critters Alligators South Carolina Aquarium Herpetologist Josh Zalabak says, “Alligators are extremely important to their environment. They are an apex predator, so if you removed them from our ecosystem, it would throw the entire food chain out of whack.” Their prime food sources include raccoons, turtles, and birds. In addition to keeping these animal ... Read more about this.
- Spring reminders! March 15th, 2017: Spring has sprung and lawns everywhere are greening up . Plants and shrubs are sprouting out branches and flower beds are filling with weeds. Remember, your Association governing documents require each owner to keep their yards maintained, mowed, edged, weeded and trimmed. Take some time to refresh the beds with new mulch or pine straw. ... Read more about this.
- It’s time for Spring cleaning! March 06th, 2017: Spring To-Do List Weed and feed your lawn with pre-emergent which will kill and broadleaf weeds, dandelions, and onion grass. The feed will fertilize your lawn to help it come back more lush than before. Pressure or soft wash your home and any exterior building on your propertyPickup all yard debris in your yard and trim back ... Read more about this.
- Turf treatment February 16th, 2017: Please note that the contracted landscaping company has submitted notice that turf treatments will be taking place in the community this week. Use of common area turf should be limited, especially for children and pets over the next week. Read more about this.
- Moles and your yard- information from the Staff Horticulturist January 24th, 2017: Moles are out and about! What does this mean for your community? The following is an excerpt from our in-house horticulturalist, Mike Ferrazzano: Moles are and have been an ongoing problem in landscape. When temperatures drop in the fall, moles are out in full force to find as much food as possible. Now that temperatures have warmed up as ... Read more about this.
- State of the HOA newsletter January 24th, 2017: Your Board of Directors would like to take the time to communicate with each of you concerning some of the progress we have made during the last year, as well as some challenges ahead of us in 2017. Last year we formed a committee of homeowners to carefully study the wording of all of our Governing ... Read more about this.
- Are you looking to replace your roof shingles soon? January 20th, 2017: As a reminder, all home modifications, including the replacement of roof singles, requires the approval of the Architectural Control Committee and many require a city permit. The needed forms and guidelines can be found on this webpage in the community links. Read more about this.
- Lakes of Summerville Christmas Party November 10th, 2016: Lakes of Summerville Christmas Party Saturday, December 10, 2016 from 6:00pm to 12:00pm LOS Clubhouse at 214 Seneca River Drive Buffet Dinner will be served BYOB Gift Exchange ($10 limit) D.J./Music Entertainment RSVP Please to Community Management Group at Lakesofsville@nullcmgcharleston.com or 843-795-8484 Read more about this.
- Hurricane Aftermath October 11th, 2016: We hope you and your families are safe. Community Management Group staff was onsite Sunday to assess storm damage and Association related concerns. All issues/concerns will be addressed and work orders will be submitted and prioritized. We are grateful for the expected sunshine this week, as many contractors will have a backlog of work. The landscape crew ... Read more about this.
- Important Post Hurricane Information for Dorchester County Residents October 11th, 2016: Structural and Tree Damage Dorchester County residents who sustained residential structural damage from sustained wind, water damage (due to flooding), or tree damage as a result of Hurricane Matthew should contact Dorchester County at (843) 832-0393 or (843) 562-0393 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org to report the damage. Residents should be prepared to provide the following information: Name: Address (of damaged property): Phone number: Email: Location ... Read more about this.
- Phone numbers to know when Hurricane Matthew strikes October 06th, 2016: courtesy of The Post & Courier http://www.postandcourier.com/20161005/161009688/phone-numbers-to-know-when-hurricane-matthew-strikes Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy when Hurricane Matthew drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for ... Read more about this.
- Hurricane information and help links October 04th, 2016: Hurricane Matthew is now churning toward the Southeast coastline. Forecasting models now generally project it to pass very close to South Carolina coast, but this forecast could change quickly and bring greater threats of a direct impact to our area. Please pay close attention to all advisories and any evacuation orders. Please take precautions early. Store/secure ... Read more about this.
- Bunco Night Update September 27th, 2016: Please be advised that Bunco night will not take place on Thursday, October 6th. The next Bunco night will be October 13th at 6:30pm. Read more about this.
- Ladies Bunco Night! August 23rd, 2016: Ladies Bunco Night in the Lakes of Summerville Clubhouse! Every first Thursday of the month starting September 1st! Join us from 6:30 to 9 for Bunco! Ladies 18 and older are invited to join this new social event. $10 to play with cash prizes awarded. Don’t know how to play? No problem! It’s really easy to play ... Read more about this.
- Pond treatments June 15th, 2016: It’s that time of year where things are growing in the sunshine and that applies to the community ponds! The ponds have recently been treated for algae and other pesky plant growth, and you should be seeing an improvement in clarity over the next few weeks. Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.