News is updated bi-weekly or more often below.
Please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact CMG Charleston and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook. There’s a link at the top of the page.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Children’s Halloween Carnival October 23rd, 2013: Children’s Halloween Carnival Come one, come all! Step right up for a Halloween Carnival! The Legend Oaks Children’s Halloween Carnival will be held on Sunday, October 27th from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. at the Plantation House Rd. park. Come dressed in your Halloween costume and have fun! There will be treats and games, an inflatable slide, pony ... Read more about this.
- Message from Jay Byars October 04th, 2013: CONSTRUCTION UPDATE FOR COOK’S CROSSROADS (HIGHWAY 61 and 165) For the rest of this week, between the hours of 6PM and 2AM there will be MAJOR delays at this intersection as crews finish. Please avoid this intersection if possible until this weekend during these hours. The good news is, talking today with Davis & Floyd, the goal is to have ... Read more about this.
- Pet Waste October 01st, 2013: A few weeks ago your Association reminded owners of the leash law, but they would also like to remind owners to pick up after their pets. Please be respectful and clean up all areas including sidewalks/walkways, vacant lots, common areas and individuals property. Thank you, Krista Westbury Read more about this.
- Leash Law September 10th, 2013: Dear Legend Oaks Residents, Please be reminded that pets should be on a leash at all times. Allowing pets to roam freely is a violation of the covenants and against the law in most Cities, Towns and Counties. This is in place for the safety of all individuals and pets that reside in your community. Thank you ... Read more about this.
- Legend Oaks HOA3 August 30th, 2013: This is a friendly reminder that all exterior modifications must be submitted to the Board for review, this includes mailbox covers, painting etc. Thank you, Krista Westbury Senior Community Manager Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.
Legend Oaks Plantation is a residential community on the outskirts of the historic Town of Summerville in Dorchester County, famous for its annual Azalea Festival. It is located 30 miles from Charleston near the end of the Ashley River Road Scenic Corridor. Ashley River Road is home to Drayton Hall, Magnolia Plantation, and Middleton Place, three of the loveliest remaining plantations open to the public in the Old South. The area is characterized by lovely old oak trees, some over 250 years old, and streams and wetlands that connect to both the Ashley and the Stono Rivers. Prior to development as a golf course community, the land was a working rice plantation. In the center of the community of over 600 homeowners, is the lovely 18 hole semi-private Legend Oaks Golf Club.Legend Oaks Plantation is the original subdivision developed around the Legend Oaks Plantation Golf Club. Willow Point and The Providence are also part of the community and are located on the north side of Route 61. Palmetto Forest subdivision off Route 165 and The Club subdivision on Route 61 are part of the greater Legend Oaks Community, but will have their own Homeowner’s Associations. Legend Oaks Golf Club at Legend Oaks Plantation has been voted one of the low country golfing community’s favorite courses. Once a working rice plantation, the 18 hole course was designed by Pete Dye associate Scot Poole III. The course is beautifully landscaped with 200+ year old oak trees and streams and wetlands connecting to the area river systems. In addition to a full service clubhouse, there is also a swimming pool and cabana plus 4 tennis courts, 2 with lights for night play. Information about golf or pool and tennis memberships and club tee times is available at 843.821.4077.
Not too many developments have an elementary and a high school right next door, but we do!
- Beech Hill Elementary School Located right next to Legend Oaks, an easy bicycle ride from your house!
- Rollings Middle School
- Greg Middle School
- Ashley Ridge High School It doesn’t get better than this, an elementary school next door, and a high school as well. Just opened in fall 2008, it is a state-of-the-art high school, and of course, very new. Approximately one mile from the south Legend Oaks entrance.
- SC Department of Education
Legend Oaks Golf Club
Thirty minutes from Charleston on scenic Highway 61 and located on the site of a former rice plantation. Chosen by the readers of Charleston Business Journal as one of the Top Three Low Country Courses, Legend Oaks is genuine Low Country golf at it’s finest. Golf Magazine Travel Editor Brian McCallen likened the approach to the Legend Oaks plantation-style clubhouse, through an avenue of 300-year-old live oaks, to the drive up Magnolia Drive leading to Augusta National. “Though the golf course is more akin to Pinehurst no. 2 in its straightforward presentation of challenge,” McCallen added. Legend Oaks Plantation is a classic layout, nestled in Charleston’s Historic Plantation area. Selected by Golf Styles Magazine in 2007 and 2006 as one of the Top 100 Courses in the Carolina’s…you must, Experience Golf Plantation Style at Legend Oaks!
- Legend Oaks Golf Club Website