This is the web page for Old Rice Retreat. Below, you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information. A community calendar is online as well.
Please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact CMG Charleston and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook with the link on the page. Click here for information on handyman services!
Approved Shutter and Door Colors
Below are the approved colors for Front Doors and Shutters within the Old Rice Retreat Community
Paint colors are Sherwin Williams brand and can be found at Lowes
Pool keys – New home buyers are sent one key/access device by the Old Rice Retreat POA. Resale pool keys and cards must convey at Closing. If any card is lost or stolen, a replacement is available for $25.00 payable to Old Rice Retreat. Please follow this link to order a replacement amenity key. Please note that only 1 key is permitted to be activated per household.
Round Table Updates:
September 25, 2018
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Storm Clean Up October 12th, 2018: Hurricane Michael has left many areas with wind-blown debris in his wake. Please be aware the landscapers are aware of the needs and will be attending to the clean up when onsite performing routine maintenance. It may be as much as 7 to 10 days before everything is tidy and back to normal. Thank you ... Read more about this.
- Old Rice Pool Closing Date October 01st, 2018: The Association is happy to announce: Due to the continued warm weather, the pool will remain open through October 31st for owner use. Thank you! Read more about this.
- Round Table Updates September 28th, 2018: September 25, 2018 Berkeley County Sheriff Duane Lewis spoke to the owners present touching on crime, policing and parking issues within the County and Old Rice Retreat. Sheriff Lewis noted there currently are no laws being broken with on street parking and suggested home owners reach out to their House and Senate Representatives with the concerns and the need ... Read more about this.
- Round Table Meeting 9/25 September 20th, 2018: Just a reminder of next Tuesday’s (September 25th) round table of the Old Rice Retreat HOA – 6:30 pm at the pavilion. Sheriff Lewis will be the Association’s guest that evening. Read more about this.
- Phone numbers to know if a hurricane strikes September 10th, 2018: Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy if a hurricane drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for real emergencies. County Resources: Berkeley County Citizen’s Information ... Read more about this.
- Pet responsibilities August 17th, 2018: A few reminders of pet owner responsibilities: • Pets need be leashed and under control at all times. This includes cats who should never be allowed to wander. • Please be a courteous neighbor and pick up after your pets, be respectful and clean up all areas including sidewalks/walkways, vacant lots, common areas and individuals property. Dog ... Read more about this.
- Back to School Safety August 15th, 2018: With school beginning for most Districts next week, below are a few reminders from the National Safety Council: School days bring congestion: Yellow school buses are picking up their charges, kids on bikes are hurrying to get to school before the bell rings, harried parents are trying to drop their kids off before work. It’s never more ... Read more about this.
- It’s the Battle of Rain vs Mowing August 03rd, 2018: With all the rain the LowCountry has experienced in the past couple of weeks, the rain is winning the battle with mowing of the turf. The Association would rather see taller than normal grass which can be resolved once things dry vs ruts in the turf caused by the mowers which can take many weeks ... Read more about this.
- New Bike Racks and Benches July 19th, 2018: The Association has recently had 3 benches placed along the walking trails, offering owners the opportunity to take a break or simply sit and enjoy the view. Bike racks have also been placed at the amenity center to allow bikes to be kept upright while bikers are at the facility. Thank you. Read more about this.
- 4th of July Fireworks July 02nd, 2018: As this 4th of July quickly approaches, remember when shooting fireworks to be a courteous neighbor. Please be sure to clean up the debris left from the fireworks. Many times fireworks debris can be found in your yard, your neighbor’s yard as well as common areas of the Association. If you are going to enjoy setting off ... Read more about this.
- What everyone should know about Storm Water Ponds April 05th, 2018: Storm water ponds are extremely important components of your community’s drainage system. They are designed to provide two critical services: -prevent flooding by suppressing surges of storm water runoff that wash from lawns, buildings, and paved surfaces. -protect water quality by holding water long enough for natural processes to remove sediment and some pollutants from the water ... Read more about this.
- Pool Openings April 03rd, 2018: Your Association pool is OPEN! and despite the not so warm temperatures, many families have taken advantage of the opportunity to begin their swimming season. A couple of quick reminders are noted below. Please assist the Association in insuring a GREAT pool season for all. Thank you! There is an emergency phone inside the pool gate Never swim ... Read more about this.
- BOD Mtg. March 27 March 14th, 2018: Old Rice Retreat Homeowners The next meeting of the Old Rice Retreat Board of Directors will be held on Tuesday, March 27th at the pavilion – this meeting will begin at 6:30 pm and is open to all members of the Association. Thank you. Sincerely, Betty Johnson Community Manager Read more about this.
- Clean Zones for Snow Cones! March 09th, 2018: Please join us as we clean up our neighborhood and trails this Saturday (3/10/18) from 9:30-11:30. There will be free Snow Cones afterwards! We will meet at the Old Rice Pavilion at 9:30 and comb our neighborhood’s trails for trash and when we return (before 11:30) we’ll enjoy a Snow Cone! Please bring your own gloves ... Read more about this.
- Spring Landscape Tips March 05th, 2018: Below are some great landscaping tips from Yellowstone Landscaping for the month of March! tStep 1: Enjoy this beautiful weather! The official start of spring is in sight – March 20! Now is a great time to get out and about and enjoy the beautiful weather and crisp, blue skies while taking a few simple steps to ... Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.