This is the web page for Old Rice Retreat. Below, you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information. A community calendar is online as well.
Please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact CMG Charleston and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook with the link on the page.
Approved Shutter and Door Colors
Below are the approved colors for Front Doors and Shutters within the Old Rice Retreat Community
Paint colors are Sherwin Williams brand and can be found at Lowes
Pool keys – New home buyers are sent one key/access device by the Old Rice Retreat POA. Resale pool keys and cards must convey at Closing. If any card is lost or stolen, a replacement is available for $25.00 payable to Old Rice Retreat. Please follow this link to order a replacement amenity key.
Old Rice Retreat Governing Documents
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Community Yard Sale Oct. 7 September 18th, 2017: MARK YOUR CALENDARS – SAT., OCTOBER 7TH – 8:00 AM-2:00 PM OLD RICE RETREAT COMMUNITY YARD SALE START CLEANING OUT THOSE CLOSETS, GARAGES AND ATTICS! EVENT WILL BE ADVERTISED ON FB & CRAIGSLIST Read more about this.
- FEMA suggested emergency kit information September 06th, 2017: With Hurricane Irma in the forefront of everyone’s mind, below is a list of recommended items to included in a basic emergency supply kit. This list is supplied by FEMA. Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food Battery-powered or ... Read more about this.
- Pet Owner Responsibilities August 30th, 2017: As a reminder, while dogs can make wonderful companions, they unfortunately are also one of the pets most widely complained against. Dog owners can avoid having their pets become a nuisance through proper care and supervision. LEASHES – While owners may derive great joy from their dogs, it is important to consider those that do not ... Read more about this.
- The Market at Cane Bay August 11th, 2017: Dear Cane Bay Residents: The commercial area at the front of the community is pleased to announce the following additions. — Reagin Orthodontics and Edward Jones are now open. — Lowcountry Eye Care opens this month. — Japan Karate Institute opens this fall. On behalf of the Cane Bay Plantation Homeowners Association Read more about this.
- Landscapers and Rain August 10th, 2017: With the large amounts of rain received these past few weeks, the turf maintenance has been disrupted for the Community. The Association is working with the landscape crews to see all areas are maintained as soon as possible. Turf will not be cut if there is a chance of causing ruts in the ground. Once ... Read more about this.
- No glass inside pool gates August 01st, 2017: Just a reminder to owners who visit the pool – Glass items are prohibited inside the pool gate. Please assist the Association and comply with this requirement to insure everyone’s safety at the facility. Thank you. Read more about this.
- Pool Restrooms August 01st, 2017: Maintenance will be working to repair the irrigation issue near the amenity center today, this work has required the water to be turned off to the bathrooms inside the pool gate. Please utilize the restrooms at the pavilion when visiting the pool. Thank you for your patience during these repairs. Read more about this.
- Summertime Creepy Critters July 18th, 2017: courtesy of News 2 : http://counton2.com/2017/07/10/summertime-creepy-critters Alligators South Carolina Aquarium Herpetologist Josh Zalabak says, “Alligators are extremely important to their environment. They are an apex predator, so if you removed them from our ecosystem, it would throw the entire food chain out of whack.” Their prime food sources include raccoons, turtles, and birds. In addition to keeping these animal ... Read more about this.
- 4th of July Festival on the 1st! June 26th, 2017: If you have not already RSVP’d for the 4th of July Festival scheduled for July 1st, please do so today. The Association needs to know how many owners plan to attend the event. See you there! Read more about this.
- Termite reminder June 09th, 2017: Homeowners There have been numerous reports of swarming termites throughout the Lowcountry. Please be alert and should you see termites at your residence, immediately take action by contacting your Termite Contractor so they can assess the situation at your home. Read more about this.
- Old Rice Retreat Sewer Upgrade May 23rd, 2017: Dear Old Rice Retreat Residents: Berkeley County Water & Sanitation sewer upgrade will affect the use of the trail in the near future. The contractor has graciously offered to back track in the current area for the time being to allow for use by children to go to and from school. They will work in the ... Read more about this.
- Community Updates May 12th, 2017: The Association has just completed many of their “Spring Cleanup” projects within Old Rice. The Board heard concerns regarding the darkness of the bathrooms and recently completed the painting of the lower walls a light color – the difference is noticeable. With the playground mulch project complete, repairs to the surrounding fence were made and painted. ... Read more about this.
- Independence Day Celebration May 05th, 2017: Mark your calendars! ORR Independence Day Celebration – Saturday, July 1st – 5:00 p.m. at The Pavilion. Offering vendor booths for $25 to ORR Residents Only – first come, first served (no duplicates). If you are interested please contact Cindy Ringleb by private message or email email@example.com There will be Food, Fun & Fireworks!! More ... Read more about this.
- Unleashed Animals April 07th, 2017: Good Afternoon The Association continues to receive calls and emails regarding animals running loose throughout the community. The Association is happy to cite an owner for this violation IF the address of where the animal is kept is supplied. Should you see dogs running loose, it will be important for owners to contact Berkeley County Animal ... Read more about this.
- Amenity Center Upgrades March 27th, 2017: The landscape crews have begun removing the sand from the playground and will soon be replacing with play mulch. Work will begin to improve drainage between the playground and the pond as well. During this time the Association asks owners to avoid this area. It will be important for children and teens to stay out ... Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.