This is the web page for Old Rice Retreat. Below, you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information. A community calendar is online as well.
Please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact CMG Charleston and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook with the link on the page.
Approved Shutter and Door Colors
Below are the approved colors for Front Doors and Shutters within the Old Rice Retreat Community
Paint colors are Sherwin Williams brand and can be found at Lowes
Pool keys – New home buyers are sent one key/access device by the Old Rice Retreat POA. Resale pool keys and cards must convey at Closing. If any card is lost or stolen, a replacement is available for $25.00 payable to Old Rice Retreat. Please follow this link to order a replacement amenity key.
Old Rice Retreat Governing Documents
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Summertime Creepy Critters July 18th, 2017: courtesy of News 2 : http://counton2.com/2017/07/10/summertime-creepy-critters Alligators South Carolina Aquarium Herpetologist Josh Zalabak says, “Alligators are extremely important to their environment. They are an apex predator, so if you removed them from our ecosystem, it would throw the entire food chain out of whack.” Their prime food sources include raccoons, turtles, and birds. In addition to keeping these animal ... Read more about this.
- 4th of July Festival on the 1st! June 26th, 2017: If you have not already RSVP’d for the 4th of July Festival scheduled for July 1st, please do so today. The Association needs to know how many owners plan to attend the event. See you there! Read more about this.
- Termite reminder June 09th, 2017: Homeowners There have been numerous reports of swarming termites throughout the Lowcountry. Please be alert and should you see termites at your residence, immediately take action by contacting your Termite Contractor so they can assess the situation at your home. Read more about this.
- Old Rice Retreat Sewer Upgrade May 23rd, 2017: Dear Old Rice Retreat Residents: Berkeley County Water & Sanitation sewer upgrade will affect the use of the trail in the near future. The contractor has graciously offered to back track in the current area for the time being to allow for use by children to go to and from school. They will work in the ... Read more about this.
- Community Updates May 12th, 2017: The Association has just completed many of their “Spring Cleanup” projects within Old Rice. The Board heard concerns regarding the darkness of the bathrooms and recently completed the painting of the lower walls a light color – the difference is noticeable. With the playground mulch project complete, repairs to the surrounding fence were made and painted. ... Read more about this.
- Independence Day Celebration May 05th, 2017: Mark your calendars! ORR Independence Day Celebration – Saturday, July 1st – 5:00 p.m. at The Pavilion. Offering vendor booths for $25 to ORR Residents Only – first come, first served (no duplicates). If you are interested please contact Cindy Ringleb by private message or email firstname.lastname@example.org There will be Food, Fun & Fireworks!! More ... Read more about this.
- Unleashed Animals April 07th, 2017: Good Afternoon The Association continues to receive calls and emails regarding animals running loose throughout the community. The Association is happy to cite an owner for this violation IF the address of where the animal is kept is supplied. Should you see dogs running loose, it will be important for owners to contact Berkeley County Animal ... Read more about this.
- Amenity Center Upgrades March 27th, 2017: The landscape crews have begun removing the sand from the playground and will soon be replacing with play mulch. Work will begin to improve drainage between the playground and the pond as well. During this time the Association asks owners to avoid this area. It will be important for children and teens to stay out ... Read more about this.
- It seems Spring is a bit early….. March 03rd, 2017: With the warmer temperatures and the abundance of pollen, it seems Spring has arrived several weeks early. Growing season has begun and evident by tall weeds, thriving shrubs and grass beginning to green. Listed below are a few items to include on your Spring to do list. Thank you!Pressure or soft wash your home and any ... Read more about this.
- Pavilion Reservation Reminders January 16th, 2017: Please remember if you are wanting to use the Pavilion for an event, it is important to contact the Association to confirm its availability. Please take a moment to check before making plans to insure there is not a reservation already for that date/time. Thank you. Read more about this.
- Christmas Tree Recycling December 28th, 2016: Many owners will be discarding their Christmas tree in the coming days. Please find below a link to the Berkeley County Recycling sites for your convenience. Happy New Year! http://www.bcwsa.com/convenience-drop-sites Read more about this.
- Fall Festival October 20th, 2016: Fall Festival Read more about this.
- Old Rice Retreat – Warranty Contact Information October 14th, 2016: Dear Residents, Pulte has provided the contact information for the warranty department for your homes. Please keep this information for your records in the event that a warranty issue arises. Charleston 843-740-7270 Charlestonservice Charlestonservice Read more about this.
- Phone numbers to know when Hurricane Matthew strikes October 06th, 2016: courtesy of The Post & Courier http://www.postandcourier.com/20161005/161009688/phone-numbers-to-know-when-hurricane-matthew-strikes Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy when Hurricane Matthew drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for ... Read more about this.
- Pet Waste September 20th, 2016: Just a reminder to be a courteous pet owner when walking your dog. Please remember it is your responsibility to pick up your pets waste. As the weather is beginning to cool down a bit, there will be more and more children playing outside and in the common areas. Let’s keep the green area’s clean ... Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.