This is the web page for Old Rice Retreat. Below, you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information. A community calendar is online as well.
Please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact CMG Charleston and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook with the link on the page.
Approved Shutter and Door Colors
Below are the approved colors for Front Doors and Shutters within the Old Rice Retreat Community
Paint colors are Sherwin Williams brand and can be found at Lowes
Pool keys – New home buyers are sent one key/access device by the Old Rice Retreat POA. Resale pool keys and cards must convey at Closing. If any card is lost or stolen, a replacement is available for $25.00 payable to Old Rice Retreat. Please follow this link to order a replacement amenity key. Please note that only 1 key is permitted to be activated per household.
Old Rice Retreat Governing Documents
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- It’s the Battle of Rain vs Mowing August 03rd, 2018: With all the rain the LowCountry has experienced in the past couple of weeks, the rain is winning the battle with mowing of the turf. The Association would rather see taller than normal grass which can be resolved once things dry vs ruts in the turf caused by the mowers which can take many weeks ... Read more about this.
- New Bike Racks and Benches July 19th, 2018: The Association has recently had 3 benches placed along the walking trails, offering owners the opportunity to take a break or simply sit and enjoy the view. Bike racks have also been placed at the amenity center to allow bikes to be kept upright while bikers are at the facility. Thank you. Read more about this.
- 4th of July Fireworks July 02nd, 2018: As this 4th of July quickly approaches, remember when shooting fireworks to be a courteous neighbor. Please be sure to clean up the debris left from the fireworks. Many times fireworks debris can be found in your yard, your neighbor’s yard as well as common areas of the Association. If you are going to enjoy setting off ... Read more about this.
- What everyone should know about Storm Water Ponds April 05th, 2018: Storm water ponds are extremely important components of your community’s drainage system. They are designed to provide two critical services: -prevent flooding by suppressing surges of storm water runoff that wash from lawns, buildings, and paved surfaces. -protect water quality by holding water long enough for natural processes to remove sediment and some pollutants from the water ... Read more about this.
- Pool Openings April 03rd, 2018: Your Association pool is OPEN! and despite the not so warm temperatures, many families have taken advantage of the opportunity to begin their swimming season. A couple of quick reminders are noted below. Please assist the Association in insuring a GREAT pool season for all. Thank you! There is an emergency phone inside the pool gate Never swim ... Read more about this.
- BOD Mtg. March 27 March 14th, 2018: Old Rice Retreat Homeowners The next meeting of the Old Rice Retreat Board of Directors will be held on Tuesday, March 27th at the pavilion – this meeting will begin at 6:30 pm and is open to all members of the Association. Thank you. Sincerely, Betty Johnson Community Manager Read more about this.
- Clean Zones for Snow Cones! March 09th, 2018: Please join us as we clean up our neighborhood and trails this Saturday (3/10/18) from 9:30-11:30. There will be free Snow Cones afterwards! We will meet at the Old Rice Pavilion at 9:30 and comb our neighborhood’s trails for trash and when we return (before 11:30) we’ll enjoy a Snow Cone! Please bring your own gloves ... Read more about this.
- Spring Landscape Tips March 05th, 2018: Below are some great landscaping tips from Yellowstone Landscaping for the month of March! tStep 1: Enjoy this beautiful weather! The official start of spring is in sight – March 20! Now is a great time to get out and about and enjoy the beautiful weather and crisp, blue skies while taking a few simple steps to ... Read more about this.
- Frozen Pipe Tips January 02nd, 2018: With the current cold snap and several nights with below freezing temperatures – here are a few good reminders: How to Deal with Frozen Pipes Disconnect and drain garden hoses. Cover outside faucets with insulating foam covers. Turn off water to outside faucets, if available, and open valves on faucets to allow them to drain. Turn off sprinkler system and ... Read more about this.
- Holiday Light Award Selection December 21st, 2017: CONGRATULATIONS to the homeowners at 125 Beacon Falls Court and 330 Decatur Drive. These homes were the recipients of the Best Overall Display and Most Original Design Awards in the 2017 Holiday Light Contest. Way to show your Holiday spirit! Read more about this.
- Holiday Light Selection December 21st, 2017: CONGRATULATIONS to the homeowners at 125 Beacon Falls and 330 Decatur Drive who were selected as the recipients of the Best Overall Display and Most Original Design Awards during 2017 Holiday Light Contest! Read more about this.
- Holiday Decoration Contest December 11th, 2017: Old Rice Retreat Holiday Decoration Contest Win a prize just for sharing your holiday spirit! Show off your best holiday decorations. No specific theme necessary. Guest judging will occur December 20th after dark. Two winners will be selected: Best Overall Display and Most Original Design. Good luck everyone! Read more about this.
- Projects underway December 11th, 2017: The Association is currently wrapping up the pool replaster project. The contractor is now filling the pool with water and hopes to be complete by this time next week. Construction crews are also giving the pavilion a face lift by replacing many of the column outer shells. New doors have been installed at the restrooms ... Read more about this.
- Old Rice Retreat Annual Meeting October 31st, 2017: The Old Rice Retreat at Cane Bay Plantation Property Owners Association Annual Meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 at 6:30 pm, at the Cane Bay High School Auditorium. We encourage all to attend. Read more about this.
- Community Yard Sale Oct. 7 September 18th, 2017: MARK YOUR CALENDARS – SAT., OCTOBER 7TH – 8:00 AM-2:00 PM OLD RICE RETREAT COMMUNITY YARD SALE START CLEANING OUT THOSE CLOSETS, GARAGES AND ATTICS! EVENT WILL BE ADVERTISED ON FB & CRAIGSLIST Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.