This is the web page for Scotts Mill. Below you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information. Please check back often. In the mean time, please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact CMG Charleston and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook. There’s a link at the top of the page.
Scotts Mill Governing Documents OCR
Scotts Mill Architectural Review information and Application
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Termite reminder June 09th, 2017: Homeowners There have been numerous reports of swarming termites throughout the Lowcountry. Please be alert and should you see termites at your residence, immediately take action by contacting your Termite Contractor so they can assess the situation at your home. Read more about this.
- It seems Spring is a bit early….. March 03rd, 2017: With the warmer temperatures and the abundance of pollen, it seems Spring has arrived several weeks early. Growing season has begun and evident by tall weeds, thriving shrubs and grass beginning to green. Listed below are a few items to include on your Spring to do list. Thank you!Pressure or soft wash your home and any ... Read more about this.
- Christmas tree recycling December 28th, 2016: Properly Disposing of Christmas Trees – from Dorchester County’s website:Posted Date: 12/28/2016Dorchester County encourages residents to safely dispose of Christmas trees before the trees dry out and become fire hazards.Residents who live within a municipality (North Charleston or Summerville) can place their trees curbside for pick-up as part of their regularly scheduled curbside yard ... Read more about this.
- Important Post Hurricane Information for Dorchester County Residents October 11th, 2016: Structural and Tree Damage Dorchester County residents who sustained residential structural damage from sustained wind, water damage (due to flooding), or tree damage as a result of Hurricane Matthew should contact Dorchester County at (843) 832-0393 or (843) 562-0393 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org to report the damage. Residents should be prepared to provide the following information: Name: Address (of damaged property): Phone number: Email: Location ... Read more about this.
- Phone numbers to know when Hurricane Matthew strikes October 06th, 2016: courtesy of The Post & Courier http://www.postandcourier.com/20161005/161009688/phone-numbers-to-know-when-hurricane-matthew-strikes Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy when Hurricane Matthew drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for ... Read more about this.
- Pet Waste September 20th, 2016: Just a reminder to be a courteous pet owner when walking your dog. Please remember it is your responsibility to pick up your pets waste. As the weather is beginning to cool down a bit, there will be more and more children playing outside and in the common areas. Let’s keep the green area’s clean ... Read more about this.
- Landscape Services September 16th, 2016: Just a quick heads up concerning the landscape service in many areas of the community this week. Due to the recent rains, many areas are too wet to cut without causing damage to the turf leaving very unattractive ruts. The Association is aware and working the landscapers to re-schedule service to all affected areas once ... Read more about this.
- Sunshine Committee August 17th, 2016: Sunshine Committee A Sunshine Committee has been created in Scott’s Mill to provide relief to residents in need of temporary help with household duties. If you find yourself needing help with lawn maintenance, moving heavy items, home repairs, meal preparation, etc please contact the email below. If you’re able-please consider signing up to help our committee! We ... Read more about this.
- End of Summer Crime July 28th, 2016: With the end of Summer, a spike in crime is often seen. While no reported issues in within the community have been received, the Association wanted to remind owners of a few key prevention tips. Thank you!Make sure all exterior doors and windows are properly closed and locked when you leave. Many burglaries occur because people do ... Read more about this.
- Firework Safety Tips July 01st, 2016: National Council on Fireworks Safety Encourages Safe and Fun Fourth of July Celebrations 1. Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks. 2. Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting. 3. A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children. 4. Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your ... Read more about this.
- Fire destroys Scotts Mill Home May 18th, 2016: Good Afternoon As many may be aware, a homeowner on O’Bannon Court suffered major fire damage at their home Sunday, May 15th. As discussed at the annual meeting, and as noted on the bulletin board, homeowners are encouraged to assist this community member. Until more definite needs can be determined, any and all donations of gift cards, ... Read more about this.
- How Safe are Your Association Funds with CMG? May 08th, 2016: Community Management Group, LLC (CMG) is a Charleston-based, Professional Homeowners Association Management Company. CMG has a team of 45 local, trained and insured professionals, offering general repair & maintenance services, horticultural consulting, collections administration, and Association accounting. Managers are qualified, certified, designated (CMCA, AMS, etc.), and members of the Community Associations Institute. Administrative staff members ... Read more about this.
- Spring spruce up April 15th, 2016: Spring has sprung and lawns everywhere are greening up . Plants and shrubs are sprouting out branches and flower beds are filling with weeds. Remember, your Association governing documents require each owner to keep their yards maintained, mowed, edged, weeded and trimmed. Take some time to refresh the beds with new mulch ... Read more about this.
- Dorchester County District 2 Schools – Early Registration 4K – 1st Grade February 10th, 2016: Attached is information about the Dorchester School District Two early school registration for new students that are entering child development classes, kindergarten, or first grade for the 2016-2017 school year. Registration will be taking place at all twelve district elementary schools April 5, 6, 7, 2016. Children should register at the school that their neighborhood is ... Read more about this.
- Pet Waste February 10th, 2016: Homeowners, you and your pet both love the outdoors, but did you know that failing to pick up your dog’s waste (besides being a mine field for other homeowners) can also hurt the environment? When pet waste is left on the lawn or the side of the street, al of the bacteria, viruses and parasites ... Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.