This is the web page for Scotts Mill. Below you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information. Please check back often. In the mean time, please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact CMG Charleston and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook. There’s a link at the top of the page. Click here for information on handyman services!
If you would like a copy of your minutes click the link below:
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Storm Clean Up October 12th, 2018: Hurricane Michael has left many areas with wind-blown debris in his wake. Please be aware the landscapers are aware of the needs and will be attending to the clean up when onsite performing routine maintenance. It may be as much as 7 to 10 days before everything is tidy and back to normal. Thank you ... Read more about this.
- Phone numbers to know if a hurricane strikes September 10th, 2018: Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy if a hurricane drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for real emergencies. County Resources: Berkeley County Citizen’s Information ... Read more about this.
- Pet responsibilities August 17th, 2018: A few reminders of pet owner responsibilities: • Pets need be leashed and under control at all times. This includes cats who should never be allowed to wander. • Please be a courteous neighbor and pick up after your pets, be respectful and clean up all areas including sidewalks/walkways, vacant lots, common areas and individuals property. Dog ... Read more about this.
- Back to School Safety August 15th, 2018: With school beginning for most Districts next week, below are a few reminders from the National Safety Council: School days bring congestion: Yellow school buses are picking up their charges, kids on bikes are hurrying to get to school before the bell rings, harried parents are trying to drop their kids off before work. It’s never more ... Read more about this.
- It’s the Battle of Rain vs Mowing August 03rd, 2018: With all the rain the LowCountry has experienced in the past couple of weeks, the rain is winning the battle with mowing of the turf. The Association would rather see taller than normal grass which can be resolved once things dry vs ruts in the turf caused by the mowers which can take many weeks ... Read more about this.
- Exterior Modification Reminder July 19th, 2018: Just a quick reminder for all owners who anticipate making a change to the exterior of their home or landscape. Please remember to complete an ARB Application prior to beginning any work. The ARB form can be found on the Association web page (above), complete the form, and submit to the Association so the committee ... Read more about this.
- What everyone should know about Storm Water Ponds April 05th, 2018: Storm water ponds are extremely important components of your community’s drainage system. They are designed to provide two critical services: -prevent flooding by suppressing surges of storm water runoff that wash from lawns, buildings, and paved surfaces. -protect water quality by holding water long enough for natural processes to remove sediment and some pollutants from the water ... Read more about this.
- Spring Landscape Tips March 05th, 2018: Below are some great landscaping tips from Yellowstone Landscaping for the month of March! tStep 1: Enjoy this beautiful weather! The official start of spring is in sight – March 20! Now is a great time to get out and about and enjoy the beautiful weather and crisp, blue skies while taking a few simple steps to ... Read more about this.
- Frozen Pipe Tips January 02nd, 2018: With the current cold snap and several nights with below freezing temperatures – here are a few good reminders: How to Deal with Frozen Pipes Disconnect and drain garden hoses. Cover outside faucets with insulating foam covers. Turn off water to outside faucets, if available, and open valves on faucets to allow them to drain. Turn off sprinkler system and ... Read more about this.
- Holiday Light Contest December 11th, 2017: Scotts Mill HOA Holiday Lights Contest Saturday, December 16 (After Dark) Show us how you like to decorate your house for the holidays. Prizes for the following categories: Brightest Most Creative Most Traditional Have a great holiday season! Read more about this.
- Scotts Mill Storm Prep September 07th, 2017: Good Afternoon Scotts Mill Owners With the anticipation of Irma possibly visiting the Low Country, the Association wanted to mention a few items to keep in mind – hopefully these measures will not be needed. It will be important for all residents to secure all outside items at your home. Unsecured items can become flying missiles ... Read more about this.
- FEMA suggested emergency kit information September 06th, 2017: With Hurricane Irma in the forefront of everyone’s mind, below is a list of recommended items to included in a basic emergency supply kit. This list is supplied by FEMA. Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food Battery-powered or ... Read more about this.
- Pet Owner Responsibilities August 30th, 2017: As a reminder, while dogs can make wonderful companions, they unfortunately are also one of the pets most widely complained against. Dog owners can avoid having their pets become a nuisance through proper care and supervision. LEASHES – While owners may derive great joy from their dogs, it is important to consider those that do not ... Read more about this.
- Landscapers and Rain August 10th, 2017: With the large amounts of rain received these past few weeks, the turf maintenance has been disrupted for the Community. The Association is working with the landscape crews to see all areas are maintained as soon as possible. Turf will not be cut if there is a chance of causing ruts in the ground. Once ... Read more about this.
- Souper Saturday Food Drive August 04th, 2017: Scotts Mill SOUPER Saturday Food Drive Saturday, August 5, 2017 Remember to place your non-perishable food donations on your front porch in an open bag or box (visible from the street, please) by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. Additional details on types of food needed, as well as collection team information, are contained in the attached document. Your ... Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.