This is the web page for Summertrees. Below you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information.
Please check back often. In the mean time, please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact CMG Charleston and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook. There’s a link at the top of the page. Click here for information on handyman services!
Covenants Conditions and Restrictions
Summertrees Covenant Violations Checklist
Crime Prevention Tips – Charleston Police Department
Additional Crime Information
Frequently Asked Questions
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Phone numbers to know if a hurricane strikes September 10th, 2018: Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy if a hurricane drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for real emergencies. County Resources: Berkeley County Citizen’s Information ... Read more about this.
- Front Pond Treatment July 07th, 2017: The front pond has been undergoing treatment for the algae bloom covering the surface of the water. The pond will be treated again on Monday and the contractor wanted the community to be aware of the need to refrain from allowing your pets to drink from the water for 7 days beginning Monday, July 10th. ... Read more about this.
- 4th of July Safety Tips June 27th, 2017: National Council on Fireworks Safety Encourages Safe and Fun Fourth of July Celebrations, here are a few of their reminders: 1. Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks. 2. Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting. 3. A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children. 4. Alcohol ... Read more about this.
- Termite reminder June 09th, 2017: Homeowners There have been numerous reports of swarming termites throughout the Lowcountry. Please be alert and should you see termites at your residence, immediately take action by contacting your Termite Contractor so they can assess the situation at your home. Read more about this.
- How to Be Safe Around Alligators May 26th, 2017: Alligators are indigenous to South Carolina, their presence in the Lowcountry is constant – even when not seen basking in the sun on pond banks within your community. Although alligators are no longer listed as a federally endangered species, their status has been upgraded to threatened due to its similarity of appearance to the threatened ... Read more about this.
- Community Parking May 02nd, 2017: As a matter of safety for you and your neighbors, and in accordance with Charleston City Ordinance, the Charleston City Police Department will begin ticketing all vehicles which are parked blocking (either partially or entirely) sidewalks in the Summertrees subdivision. This includes vehicles that may be partly in driveways. Ticketing will begin on June 1, ... Read more about this.
- Yard of the Month Program! April 27th, 2017: This spring your Summertrees Board has started a new Yard of the Month program for the community. Each month a new yard will be recognized with a sign placed in the front yard indicating the winner and the winner will receive a card from the Board. The winner also may have their name and address posted ... Read more about this.
- Upcoming Board of Directors meeting April 11th, 2017: The Board of Directors will be having their quarterly Board meeting this week on Thursday, April 13th at 6:30pm at the John’s Island Regional Library at 3531 Maybank Hwy, Johns Island, SC 29455. The meeting is estimated to last about one hour. This will be an open meeting, and the Board is extending an invitation to ... Read more about this.
- Spring reminders! March 15th, 2017: Spring has sprung and lawns everywhere are greening up . Plants and shrubs are sprouting out branches and flower beds are filling with weeds. Remember, your Association governing documents require each owner to keep their yards maintained, mowed, edged, weeded and trimmed. Take some time to refresh the beds with new mulch or pine straw. ... Read more about this.
- News article- Neighborhood Toolkit from the City of Charleston March 14th, 2017: City of Charleston’s ‘Neighborhood Toolkit’ provides resources for neighborhood associations http://www.live5news.com/story/34730094/city-of-charlestons-neighborhood-toolkit-provides-resources-for-neighborhood-associations Read more about this.
- It’s time for Spring cleaning! March 06th, 2017: Spring To-Do List Weed and feed your lawn with pre-emergent which will kill and broadleaf weeds, dandelions, and onion grass. The feed will fertilize your lawn to help it come back more lush than before. Pressure or soft wash your home and any exterior building on your property Pickup all yard debris in your yard and trim back ... Read more about this.
- Moles and your yard- information from the Staff Horticulturist January 24th, 2017: Moles are out and about! What does this mean for your community? The following is an excerpt from our in-house horticulturalist, Mike Ferrazzano: Moles are and have been an ongoing problem in landscape. When temperatures drop in the fall, moles are out in full force to find as much food as possible. Now that temperatures have warmed up as ... Read more about this.
- Hurricane information and help links October 04th, 2016: Hurricane Matthew is now churning toward the Southeast coastline. Forecasting models now generally project it to pass very close to South Carolina coast, but this forecast could change quickly and bring greater threats of a direct impact to our area. Please pay close attention to all advisories and any evacuation orders. Please take precautions early. Store/secure ... Read more about this.
- Update about condition of entrance pond August 10th, 2016: A recent service to the ponds included spot treated the shorelines for minor algae and weeds. The front pond is looking much better, but is still getting some regrowth along the shallow areas near the bank. The service provider also continued some beneficial bacterial applications and removed some debris. Tilapia were recently stocked to assist with the ... Read more about this.
- Crime prevention reminder June 16th, 2016: Please be advised that there have been vehicle break ins at several communities on Johns Island. It is important that you do not leave valuables in your vehicle and lock your car doors, even at your home. Charleston Police offer multiple crime prevention tips at the below webpage, including how to plan for vacation and ... Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.