Welcome …to the website for Elms Homeowners Association. If you haven’t yet shared an e-mail address with us, please do so via the Contact Us Link on the CMG web site…
Your community event calendar is available at this link December Calendar. Your community newsletter is available at this link October Newsletter.
Rules and Regulations
ACH (Checking account automatic draft) form
ARC Application Form
Amended and Restated ByLaws of The Elms Homeowners Association complete thru Jan2012
Amendment to Covenants
Second Amended and Restated Declaration of Covenants, Restrictions and Easments for The Elms of Charleston complete thru Jan
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Freezing Weather Helpful Information December 07th, 2016: Before Freezing Weather Wrap all exposed pipes located outside or in unheated areas of the home. Remove garden hoses from outside faucets. Insulate outside faucets with Styrofoam cover, rags or paper. Cover vents around the foundation of your home. Know where your property owner’s cut-off valve is located and how to use it. Apply oil such as WD-40 to ... Read more about this.
- Happy Thanksgiving! November 22nd, 2016: With the fast approaching holiday season, please take extra precautions both in your neighborhood and around town to ensure you have a safe and happy holiday season. Lock car doors and leave no visible items inside that would attract thieves of opportunity. Lock windows and door of your home. If you’re traveling, leave some lights on to give ... Read more about this.
- Super Moon, Monday, November 14, 2016 November 11th, 2016: No doubt you’ve already heard or read that we’re going to have a “super moon” on Monday, Nov. 14. It’s a relatively new term that I didn’t know until a few years ago, and I’ve been an amateur astronomer for years. I don’t feel so bad because it’s not an astronomical term, but rather an astrological ... Read more about this.
- Phone numbers to know when Hurricane Matthew strikes October 06th, 2016: courtesy of The Post & Courier http://www.postandcourier.com/20161005/161009688/phone-numbers-to-know-when-hurricane-matthew-strikes Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy when Hurricane Matthew drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for ... Read more about this.
- Hurricane Matthew Update and Preparation October 05th, 2016: Please make sure your tenants have the following information as well! Hurricane Matthew is now churning toward the Southeast coastline. Forecasting models now generally project it to pass very close to South Carolina coast, but this forecast could change quickly and bring greater threats of a direct impact to our area. Please pay close attention to ... Read more about this.
- Fall Season and Army Worms September 22nd, 2016: Armyworms (crown & thatch inhabitant) The fall armyworm (Spodoptera frugipeda) is a good example of a pest that can sneak up on you. When it does, the results can be disastrous. Fall armyworms can strike in most regions of the United States and seem to have been relatively serious during the past few years. No one ... Read more about this.
- North Charleston, TS Hermine update and sandbag information September 01st, 2016: NORTH CHARLESTON, SC – The City of North Charleston and its emergency management personnel are monitoring the activity of Tropical Storm Hermine and preparedness efforts are being closely coordinated with Charleston County Emergency Management Department and fellow area agencies. Sandbags for North Charleston residents can be obtained starting Thursday, September 1 at 8:30am from the North ... Read more about this.
- Happy Fourth of July! July 01st, 2016: For many families, the Fourth of July toggles between two types of celebrations: some years you join local firework displays, other years we skip the crowds and spend the Fourth gathered around a backyard table with red, white and blue decorations. No matter where we are, we pause to celebrate America’s birth as a nation and reflect ... Read more about this.
- Thursday, June 16th, 2016 is National Dump the Pump Day! June 13th, 2016: Good Afternoon Neighbors! We wanted to let everyone know that Thursday, June 16 is National Dump the Pump Day and the Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority is leading the local effort to encourage alternative travel methods by offering free fares all day. Those unfamiliar with the bus system and who need to plan a trip can review ... Read more about this.
- How Safe are Your Association Funds with CMG? May 08th, 2016: Community Management Group, LLC (CMG) is a Charleston-based, Professional Homeowners Association Management Company. CMG has a team of 45 local, trained and insured professionals, offering general repair & maintenance services, horticultural consulting, collections administration, and Association accounting. Managers are qualified, certified, designated (CMCA, AMS, etc.), and members of the Community Associations Institute. Administrative staff members ... Read more about this.
- CARTA Route Changes April 22nd, 2016: Given your status as a neighborhood representative, I wanted to share that CARTA will rollout fairly widespread route changes on May 1. These changes were the subject of numerous public meetings and media coverage earlier in the year. A route-by-route breakdown is available at www.ridecarta.com and any questions can be answered by calling (843) 724-7420 or ... Read more about this.
- CMG Contact Information April 21st, 2016: Good afternoon, In an ongoing effort to serve you better every day, below is some information regarding the best ways to contact our office. Community Management Group regards communication with you as a top priority- all calls and emails will be answered within 24 hours on the infrequent occasion of our not being able to answer ... Read more about this.
- Bradford Pears March 31st, 2016: Are you interested in more information about Bradford Pears? If so, please follow the link for a great read, http://www.citizen-times.com/story/life/2016/03/21/curse-bradford-pear/82070210/. Read more about this.
- Garbage Collection Running On Regular Schedule October 06th, 2015: The City of North Charleston has advised garbage collection will continue running on regular schedule this week. They are collecting all areas on their normal routes unless the roads are inaccessible. Read more about this.
- The Elms of Charleston 2015 Annual Meeting October 01st, 2015: The Elms of Charleston Annual Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 29th 2015 at 10am. A Notice of this meeting will be sent out in the next weeks to come. Along with the notice of meeting you will also receive a copy of the 2016 Budget, proxy and biographies of the candidates. Read more about this.
Important Numbers: Police non-emergency: 740-2800 Fire non-emergency: 740-2616
Resident Gate Entry
There are two ways for a resident to enter through the entrance gate. The first method is by using # and your personal 4-digit code. You must use the pound (#) sign first. The second method of entry is by using your remote control. They can be purchased for $40 per remote.
To be able to maintain the level of security that the gate is intended to provide, please do not hand out the secret code. If you forget the code, you will be locked out. There will be no one to call to let you in unless you can call a neighbor.
When the visitor pulls up to the entry keypad, he will be able to scroll through the alphabetical listing of owners’ names. The listing will always start in the middle of the list. Next to each resident’s name will be a three-digit scroll code. The visitor should enter this three-digit scroll code onto the keypad. By entering the code, the computer will speed dial the home telephone number you have provided. You will be able to speak to the visitor at the gate to identify them.
If you wish to allow them access to the community, you should press the number nine (9) followed by the “#”. These instructions are also printed on the access panel of the gate.
Gate Operating Hours
The gate will be open Monday through Friday from 6am to 6 pm. This extends to 7pm at April 1 and 8 pm on June 1.
Changing of Personal Information
To maintain the level of security that the gate is intended to provide, all changes of secret codes will be required in writing from the owner. This correspondence must include the following information:
(1) Owners Name (2) Property Address (3) Owner’s Signature (4) Home Telephone #
Emergencies at the Gate
If the gate is not operating, please contact any Board Member.
In no case should you try to push open the gate. The gate operates on a hydraulic arm. The pressure must be released from this arm or the gate will not open.