Welcome …to the website for Elms Homeowners Association. If you haven’t yet shared an e-mail address with us, please do so via the Contact Us Link on the CMG web site… Your community event calendar is available at this link Calendar. The most recent Minutes to Board meetings and Newsletters are available. To request Minutes or Newsletters, please click here
NEWS! Elms newsletters are available upon request
Rules and Regulations
ACH (Checking account automatic draft) form
ARC Application Form
Amended and Restated ByLaws of The Elms Homeowners Association complete thru Jan2012
Second Amended and Restated Declaration of Covenants, Restrictions and Easments for The Elms of Charleston complete thru Jan
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- CARTA Route Changes April 22nd, 2016: Given your status as a neighborhood representative, I wanted to share that CARTA will rollout fairly widespread route changes on May 1. These changes were the subject of numerous public meetings and media coverage earlier in the year. A route-by-route breakdown is available at www.ridecarta.com and any questions can be answered by calling (843) 724-7420 or ... Read more about this.
- CMG Contact Information April 21st, 2016: Good afternoon, In an ongoing effort to serve you better every day, below is some information regarding the best ways to contact our office. Community Management Group regards communication with you as a top priority- all calls and emails will be answered within 24 hours on the infrequent occasion of our not being able to answer ... Read more about this.
- Bradford Pears March 31st, 2016: Are you interested in more information about Bradford Pears? If so, please follow the link for a great read, http://www.citizen-times.com/story/life/2016/03/21/curse-bradford-pear/82070210/. Like this:Like Loading... Read more about this.
- Garbage Collection Running On Regular Schedule October 06th, 2015: The City of North Charleston has advised garbage collection will continue running on regular schedule this week. They are collecting all areas on their normal routes unless the roads are inaccessible. Like this:Like Loading... Read more about this.
- The Elms of Charleston 2015 Annual Meeting October 01st, 2015: The Elms of Charleston Annual Meeting will be held on Thursday, October 29th 2015 at 10am. A Notice of this meeting will be sent out in the next weeks to come. Along with the notice of meeting you will also receive a copy of the 2016 Budget, proxy and biographies of the candidates. Like this:Like ... Read more about this.
- No Soliciting April 20th, 2015: The City of Charleston posted an article that is relevant to all municipalities. They note that residents are reminded to be aware of door-to-door sales people, particularly “magazine sales”. Usually the concerns about these individuals are property / financial-crime related. This is an active article and will be updated continually with local information, by municipality… Tips: 1. Post a NO ... Read more about this.
- Newsletter from North Charleston City Councilman Stigler January 27th, 2015: Hello Friends, HOAs, and Neighbors, Its time for another one of my newsletters for you to read and share with all of your contacts…enjoy reading and staying informed, and please pass this email along. Gas Stations: Last month I voted to support Councilman Bobby Jameson from District 3 and his constituency to rezone a piece of property off ... Read more about this.
- Elms of Charleston HOA Annual Meeting October 27th, 2014: The Elms of Charleston HOA with be holding its Annual Meeting Tuesday, October 28th 2014 at 10am. This meeting will take place at the Elms clubhouse and we invite all homeowners to attend. One of the main items that will be taking place is the election of 3 new Board Members. A proxy was mailed ... Read more about this.
- Meeting with Landcape Company July 23rd, 2014: A meeting took place on Tuesday with the Greenery, CMG and some member of the Board. The meeting was called as a result of the survey that was sent out to the residents. All items on the survey were discussed and a plan of action was created. The Board feels this meeting was productive and ... Read more about this.
- April 16th, 2014: How to Be Safe Around Alligators ~From Savannah River Ecology Laboratory – Herpetology Program Being safe around alligators is straightforward. Concerns about having negative encounters with alligators can largely be dissolved with common sense and an understanding of alligator behavior. To put in the risk of alligator attack context, you are more likely to get struck by ... Read more about this.
- Elms Board Update January 02nd, 2014: The new Board has officially taken office as of January 1st 2014. The new Board will hold a meeting next Tuesday, January 7th 2014 to discuss the goals and plans for this year. The monthly Board meeting will still take place the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 10am. We look forward to seeing you ... Read more about this.
- Elms of Charleston Blog Update August 30th, 2013: The landscape installation around the clubhouse is compete and looks really great! The kitchen upgrade is almost complete and should be finished today. As a reminder the pool is closing October 30th 2013 for the season, however the pool deck area in open all year for homeowner use. The next Board of Directors meeting will ... Read more about this.
Important Numbers: Police non-emergency: 740-2800 Fire non-emergency: 740-2616
Resident Gate Entry
There are two ways for a resident to enter through the entrance gate. The first method is by using # and your personal 4-digit code. You must use the pound (#) sign first. The second method of entry is by using your remote control. They can be purchased for $40 per remote.
To be able to maintain the level of security that the gate is intended to provide, please do not hand out the secret code. If you forget the code, you will be locked out. There will be no one to call to let you in unless you can call a neighbor.
When the visitor pulls up to the entry keypad, he will be able to scroll through the alphabetical listing of owners’ names. The listing will always start in the middle of the list. Next to each resident’s name will be a three-digit scroll code. The visitor should enter this three-digit scroll code onto the keypad. By entering the code, the computer will speed dial the home telephone number you have provided. You will be able to speak to the visitor at the gate to identify them.
If you wish to allow them access to the community, you should press the number nine (9) followed by the “#”. These instructions are also printed on the access panel of the gate.
Gate Operating Hours
The gate will be open Monday through Friday from 6am to 6 pm. This extends to 7pm at April 1 and 8 pm on June 1.
Changing of Personal Information
To maintain the level of security that the gate is intended to provide, all changes of secret codes will be required in writing from the owner. This correspondence must include the following information:
(1) Owners Name (2) Property Address (3) Owner’s Signature (4) Home Telephone #
Emergencies at the Gate
If the gate is not operating, please contact any Board Member.
In no case should you try to push open the gate. The gate operates on a hydraulic arm. The pressure must be released from this arm or the gate will not open.